Travelling with kids is a tough job. But just as the full time job of being a parent, this can be a very rewarding activity. Your kids will see and learn new things, you won’t have to worry about leaving them with an unprepared nanny and you’ll always have memories of wonderful and truly bonding family trips.
So that all travels will go according to the plan, try to remember the following tips and apply them in your travels with kids:
1. Traveling with kids certainly requires a lot of planning – and even more patience. Be prepared!
2. Be organised, make a list There won’t be only your luggage but their luggage too. Try not to forget something important/useful.
3. Make Everything a Game – everyone, regardless of age, needs to have fun from once in a while!
4. Kids are constantly learning, -even when they aren’t in a classroom or a school building.
5. Spend time outside – it will put everyone in a better mood! Talking long walks is good for the soul and good for the body. Besides, you will have a good night sleep.
6. Museums are boring. Even to kids.
7. Mix activities and never skip meals. If you are bored and hungry, it’s like you are not even very present.
8. Bring the meds. No matter how hale and hearty everyone looks before the trip, things can change very quickly.
9. Take all essential items for your child in carry-on luggage. Take enough food, diapers, medicine, and other items to last through possible flight delays.
10. Keep your children under control at all times. You are responsible for supervising your child at all times, even on vacation.
11. Bring along safe toys: Try to avoid bringing along toys that are sharp, heavy, or that break easily.
12. Keeping your child amused during transport – fear of flying or motion sickness may occur but with your warm voice and some funny toys, they should be just fine. You should also prepare them for the flight in advance and keep them calm during.
You might also check the video below for a real situation example and parents opinions about travels.